Freddie Highmore, English actor, born in February 14th, 1992, made his film debut at the age of five. His first film was a comedy, but since then he acted various themes.
He won Best Young Performers Award by the judging of the Critics in 2004 and 2005. He also won People’s Choice Award , so one might say that the audience recognized his talent as well.
From 2004’s “Finding Neverland”, than next year’s “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (2005) to the “Arthur and the Invisibles” (2006) and “August Rush” (2007) until Norman Bates in TV thriller “Bates Motel” (2013-2017) or Dr. Shaun Murphy in “The Good Doctor” (2017-2019), Freddie Highmore has shown that he is promising actor.
Freddie Highmore biography
Freddie was born in London; his mother Sue, being a talent agent, probably made it only natural for young boy to start acting. His first roles were small ones. One of his first roles was as a son of Helen Bonham Carter’s character. But it was 2004 and the part of Peter Llewelyn Davies in “Finding Neverland” (2004) that made the difference.
Young Freddie was nominated for various young actor awards , but more importantly was spotted by Johnny Depp who made him the candidate for the role of “Charlie in The Chocolate factory” (2005). Staying ignorant to the 1971’s version of the film, Highmore made up the character of Charlie by himself and it was great success. His voice ended up in the accompanying video game.
After that one, he was presented by excellent roles and he played them very well. In 2013, Freddie Highmore once again lent his voice, this time for the animated film “Justin and the Knight of Valour”.
Starting in 2013 series “Bates Motel”, and Freddie’s character Norman Bates made him a winner of People’s choice Award in 2016, and a nominee for three other major Awards.
In 2016, Highmore pushed the boundaries further by announcing a project that stars him as a co-producer and a co-writer. As for the acting, in 2017 he is the lead male role in drama “The Good Doctor”.
Freddie Highmore’s personal life
He’s not gay. Highmore is dating with Abigail Breslin. He’s been connected to Dakota Fanning and Sara Bolger in the past.
Freddie Highmore’s personal details
- Full name: Alfred Thomas Highmore.
- Nickname: Freddie.
- Age: 25 years.
- Nationality: English.
- Date of birth: February 14, 1992.
- Occupation: actor.
- Home town: Camden Town, London, England, UK.
- Residence: Camden Town , London.
- Years active: Since 1999 until now.
- Eye color: blue/grey.
- Hair color: dark brown.
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius.
Freddie Highmore’s family details
- Mother’s name: Sue Latimer.
- Father’s name: Edward Highmore.
- Siblings: brother.
- Mother’s profession: talent agent.
- Father’s profession: actor.
- Relationship status: dating.
- Children: none.
- Religious status: Christian.
- Education: Emmanuel College, Cambridge (Spanish and Arabic).
Freddie Highmore’s body measurements:
- Height: 5’10’’ (1.78 m).
- Weight: 168 pounds (73 Kilograms).
- Chest size: 37 inch (111 cm).
- Waist size: 29 inch (74 cm).
- Biceps size: 13.5 inch (34 cm).
- Shoe size: 10.
Some more facts about Freddie Highmore
- He speaks a perfect Spanish. You can check it in this video.
- His mother Sue is a talent agent that works with Daniel Radcliffe.
- He said that for a different roles to play he needs a different challenges.
- It was not the school plays, but the small film parts that set Freddie off as an actor.