Fernando Alonso is a renowned car racer and is among the top fifteen Formula One drivers of Spain. Fernando won World Driver Championship Twice, and currently he is racing for the McLaren Honda.
Fernando Alonso biography
He was born in Oviedo, Asturias, in Northern Spain, on 29th July 1981. His mother used to work in a departmental store and his father was working as a mechanic in explosive factory. His father had passion for racing, and he was an amateur kart racer, and he wish to transfer his passion in his kids.
He got his primary education from Holy Guardian Angel Primary school and later he was enrolled in the Institute for further education. In 2000 he was dropped out as he showed more interest in motor racing.
His passion and craze for driving was recognized at the age of 3, when his father built a kart for his sister, who didn’t show any interest in it, but Fernando learned it with great tenacity. He grew up driving the kart and from 1994 to 1997, he won three consecutive Karting championships in Spain.
In 2001 he took a step ahead in his career and made his debut in Formula One with Minardi, when he was just 19 year old. His matchless skills took him a step forward and got him selected as a test driver in the Renault team in 2002. Gradually his career kept on reaching its heights and at a very young in 2005 he was able to win the Championship of Formula One Driver. After winning the Championship he was appointed as the ambassador in Oxford University to establish the field of motor sport. In the following year he became the youngest double champion.
In the 2010 season he joined the Scuderia Ferrari. During his career with Ferrari he couldn’t reach his goal to win the third title, but managed to take the runners up place three times. Unfortunately he couldn’t hold any stunning achievement during his career in Ferrari, but it cannot be denied that he is one of the greatest drivers with finest driving skills.
Fernando Alonso personal life
In 2006 Alonso married to Raquel del Rosario and then by the end of 2011 he got divorced, In 2012 he started dating the Russian model Dasha Kapustina and in 2014 they split. In 2015 he was dating with journalist Lara Alvarez. They split in 2016. His new girlfriend is Linda Morselli.
Fernando Alonso personal details
- Full Name: Fernando Alonso.
- Nickname: El Nano.
- Age: 36 years.
- Nationality: Spanish.
- Date of birth: 29th July 1981.
- Occupation: Car racer.
- Home town: Oviedo, Asturias, Spain.
- Residence: Oviedo, Asturias, Spain.
- Year active: since 1994 until now.
- Eye color: brown.
- Hair color: hazel.
- Zodiac sign: Leo.
Fernando Alonso family details
- Mother’s name: Ana María Díaz Martínez.
- Father’s name: José Luis Alonso.
- Siblings: Lorena Alonso.
- Mother’s profession: she worked at a department store.
- Father’s profession: he was a mechanic in explosive factory.
- Wife’s name: Raquel Del Rosario (2006-2011).
- Ex girl friend names: Dasha Kapustina, Lara Álvarez.
- Relationship status: dating with Linda Morselli.
- Education: Santo Ángel de la Guarda.
Fernando Alonso body measurement
- Height: 1.71 m.
- Weight: 68 kg.
- Shoes: 10 (US).
- Chest: not known.
- Biceps or arms: not known.
- Waist: not known.
Interesting facts about Fernando Alonso
- Alonso is the supporter of Football Team Real Madrid and Real Oviedo.
- Alonso has a tattoo of ancient samurai in his back, because according to him this tattoo showed strength in his muscles.